FAQ Question

    How do I apply for VA benefits?

Answered By: Charles Fordham
Last Updated: Jul 11, 2023     Views: 139

You must apply for all chapters of VA education benefits at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply. It can take the VA 30 days to process your education benefit application. After you receive your Certificate of Eligibility you will need to provide DSC with a copy, then request that your enrollment at DSC be certified to the VA by submitting a Veteran’s Deferment Form. VA benefits cannot be processed without this request. The Veteran Deferment is done through your Student portal under the home tab at the bottom of the page under “additional links”.


  1. Apply for VA Education Benefits:
  2. Copy of DD214 and Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility**
  3. Apply for admission to Daytona State College: See admissions for Registration and class schedule.
  4. Request Official Transcripts: Military, High school, GED and all colleges previously attended.

**If any changes are made to the student's schedule a new Certification must be completed in order to receive VA funding for that course.