Using Honorlock on a Mac
Answered By: Cheryl Kohen Last Updated: Aug 26, 2020 Views: 35
When using Honolock on a Mac, users MUST use OS 10.13 or higher.
On OS Catalina (10.15), Google Chrome does not have access to allow screen recording automatically.
Please follow these steps to allow screen recording for Google Chrome and you should then be able to begin your exam.
- Click the Apple icon located at the top left of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” > “Security & Privacy” > “Privacy” tab at the top.
- Scroll through all items until you find an option that says “Screen Recording."
- Please ensure that the Google Chrome app has a checkmark next to it.
- If it does not, please add a checkmark. If you are unable to do this, please first look for a golden lock and click it. Enter your password and then click the checkbox next to Google Chrome.
- In order for the settings to take effect, you will now be prompted to relaunch Chrome by clicking "quit now."
Once you have done so, please attempt to relaunch the proctoring once more.