What happens when IT equipment is deemed obsolete with the nonoperational label?
Answered By: Jennie Le Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 6
Answered By: Jennie Le
Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 6
- The items are tested and labeled identifying what is wrong or missing.
- If the item has a hard-drive(s), the hard drive(s) will be removed and erased (or destroyed if necessary) and returned to the unit if possible.
- All units considered for scrap will be bundled (with a detail listing of all the DSC Assets tag numbers of the units that are on that pallet) for easy identification.
- Deletion of the item must be approved by the Board via approved Board Agenda (provided by the Chief Information Officer).
- Property Management will confirm, sign via IT Signature Sheet for all deleted items and transfer the units to Surplus Storage.