What is the Respondus LockDown Browser and how is it used?
Answered By: Jennie Le Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 52
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment in Falcon Online. When students use LockDown Browser to access a quiz, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, access other applications, or close a quiz until it is submitted for grading. Tests created for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with standard browsers, either. LockDown Browser works much like a standard browser, but some options have been removed or work differently. The list below highlights some of these differences.
- Modified Toolbar - the condensed toolbar includes only Forward, Back, Refresh and Stop functions.
- Assessment Mode - assessments are shown full-screen and cannot be minimized, resized, or exited until submitted for grading.
- Disabled Controls - all printing, keystroke combinations, screen grab, function keys, and right-click menus have been disabled.
- Links - links to other web servers do not compromise the secure testing environment.
- Blocked Features & Applications - the Start button (Windows), system tray, and menu bars have been removed.