How do I refresh my network connection if my PC has been knocked off the network?
Answered By: Jennie Le Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 4
Answered By: Jennie Le
Last Updated: Mar 28, 2017 Views: 4
Sometimes changes happen in the background that may knock your PC off the correct network VLAN. To correct this, a lot of the times a simple release/renew will remedy the error:
- Press the Windows Key + “R” to bring up the Run prompt.
- Type “cmd” and press the “Enter” key.
- In the command prompt, type in ipconfig /release and press “Enter” (note the space between ipconfig and /).
- Once the operation completes, press the “Up Arrow” Key.
- Erase “release” and replace with “renew” (ipconfig /renew).
- Press “Enter” You have just refreshed your network connection!