FAQ Question

    How can I find a work study job?

Answered By: Cheryl Kohen
Last Updated: Jul 19, 2016     Views: 25

Students with remaining financial needs may also be eligible for a federal or institutional work study position. A student is notified of FWS eligibility by receiving a Financial Aid Award letter from the Financial Aid Office. After receiving notification of FWS eligibility, the student should contact the Student Employment Office to inquire about available job placements. The Student Employment Office will inform the student of positions that are available and qualifications for the positions. Once the student has selected a position of interest, the student will arrange an interview with the prospective employer (supervisor.) If selected for employment, (there is no guarantee of employment) the student and supervisor will arrange a work schedule that accommodates the student's class schedule. (Most students work an average of 20 hours per week.) The supervisor will give the student a job description and will discuss the responsibilities of the position. Each pay period, the supervisor will sign the student's time sheet to certify that the student performed the assigned duties satisfactorily. Additional information on FWS placement is available from the Student Employment Office, located in Building 100, Room 104, on the Daytona Beach Campus.

Related Topics