FAQ Question

    I want to take a class at another college and have it apply to my program at Daytona State. What do I do?

Answered By: Michelle Goldys
Last Updated: Jun 25, 2021     Views: 19

A Transient Student is one who enrolls in two colleges simultaneously. A transient student may be admitted and enrolled at another college or university, but concurrently taking a course or courses at Daytona State College to fulfill the other college's requirements or taking courses at another college to fulfill Daytona State College requirements. Many students use this option because their "home" college or university does not offer the course, does not offer the course at a time convenient for them, or they are in the area of the second college for an extended period of time. Students who wish to be a transient student from Daytona State College to another school must obtain a "Transient Form" from the Records Office website and complete student portion. Records will verify that the student meets the criteria and approve the form. Contact Records for information. If you are coming to Daytona State College from another college, obtain a "Transient Form" from your home institution and bring that to the Admissions Office. Students can also complete the transient form online using FloridaShines.org. 

Related Topics